A transparent club
RCCelta Group makes public its institutional, organizational and planning information, as well as economic, budgetary and statistical information and indicators of the INFUT transparency index, with the aim of advancing our idea of transparency and communication with society in general.
Transparency International Spain has developed the Third Edition of the Football Club Transparency Index ( INFUT 2019 ), which aims to assess the level of transparency of football clubs/SAD’s and to promote and encourage an increase in the information offered to citizens and society as a whole.
On August 10, 2020, the results of this index were published, in which RC Celta’s commitment to transparency was made clear.
The 42 clubs and sports corporations that make up the First and Second Division have been evaluated through an evaluation procedure based on 48 indicators , grouped into five areas of transparency.
The INFUT evaluates 48 indicators, grouped into the following five areas of transparency:
A. Club Information
Management and staff information
Professional and biographical profile of the President/Board of Directors and/or management team
Generic e-mail addresses of the different sections or departments of the Club, as well as the general contact details of the club (telephone/s, e-mail address/s and head office).
The agreements of the General Meeting of Shareholders of the company are published as well as the agreements taken by the Board of Directors and are kept updated periodically.
The first item on the agenda, examination and approval, if applicable, of the annual accounts and individual management report of the Company for the year ended June 30, 2020, was approved with 99.84 percent and 99 , 83 percent respectively.
The second point, examination and approval, if applicable, of the consolidated annual accounts and management report of the Company with its dependent entities for the year ended June 30, 2020, were both supported by 99.81 percent.
Regarding the third point, examination and approval, if applicable, of the proposal for the application of the results for the year ended June 30, 2020, it was also approved by 99.81 percent of the shareholders.
This season’s budget of 71.5 million euros was supported by 99.70 percent of the votes.
The Meeting was attended personally, electronically, by 47 shareholders, 3 of them represented, with a total of 275,560 shares and 73.1 percent of the capital stock.
An updated organization chart (graphic representation) is published in detail to allow the identification of those responsible for the different areas.
Legal framework, organizational structure and assets of the Club.
The legal, institutional and statutory regulations to be complied with by the Club are published.
- Law 10/1990, of October 15, of the state sport.
- Law 3/2012, of April 2, of the Sport of Galicia.
- Royal Decree 177/1981, of January 16 on sports clubs and federations.
- Real Decree 1251/1999, of 16 of July on anonymous sport societies.
- Other regulations applicable to a professional Club/SAD (Statutes, General Regulations and Disciplinary Code of the RFEF, Social Statutes, General Regulations and Rules for the preparation of budgets of the LFP, which can be found in the official pages of the respective organizations).
- Reglamento interno del Real Club Celta de Vigo S.A.D. Internal Regulations of the Real Club Celta de Vigo, S. A.D. Art. 6 of the Royal Decree 203/2010, of February 26th, which approves the Regulations for the prevention of violence, racism, xenophobia and intolerance in sports.
A Code of Ethics or good practice and/or sports behavior by the Club exists and is published
The basic principles that guide the activity of the Group are: HONESTY, JUSTICE and INTEGRITY. Being the basic principles:
- Strict compliance with the Law and Internal Regulations,
- Maximum respect, fairness and dignity in the treatment of all employees, players, collaborators, subscribers, suppliers, competitors and other third parties linked to the Group
- Commitment to health and safety,
- Transparency, objectivity and professionalism in the development of all its activities and relations with all stakeholders,
- Privacy, data protection and confidential information, and
- Promotion of the sport activity with the highest standards of professionalism.
Everything related to the fight against corruption and bribery in the 2019/2020 season is mentioned in point 6 of the State of Non-Financial Information.
The Club's Internal Regulations exist and are published
It is reported that the club has an ethics committee or compliance officer
This Compliance Committee is composed of 2 members representing a Vice President and the Director of Facilities and Safety. The members of the Compliance Committee must act with independence and honesty in order to carry out their assigned duties. Likewise, they shall ensure the confidentiality of the information they handle in the performance of their duties.
It is informed if the Club is, or not, in a situation of insolvency proceedings, or of pre-competition or similar situation
The basic data of the different existing soccer teams (professional, youth, children's, women's, ...) and if applicable, divisions or sections of other teams are specified
Inventory of assets
The three facilities are granted in use by the Council of Vigo.” (Balaídos, Barreiro, A Madroa)
Afouteza Sports City
A Sede building (Príncipe Street)
A Madroa sports facilities
B. Relations with partners, fans and the general public
A transparency page (or specific section) has been implemented on the Club's website.
There is an internal search engine clearly visible on the website.
You can see on the home page the Map of the club's website.
The web page contains a specific mailbox or channel for complaints so that members, affiliates and third parties can report possible breaches of laws, regulations, statutes or the code of ethics to the club.
Information and attention to partners, employees and the general public
The club has a space for members available in this link
Training courses are offered and/or given so that employees and managers know the legal obligations that affect them in the development of their activity.
Everything related to training is provided in point 4.5 of the Non-Financial Information Statement.
A list of the Club's related fan clubs and their basic data is published.
A space is reserved on the Club's website to receive suggestions or requests from the fan clubs and/or fan associations.
The basic catalog of the club's activities is published, as well as the locations of its services and equipment.
- Participation in sport competitions of professional character, of the sport modality of football, is in the following links: https://www.rccelta.es/en/equipos/primer-equipo/ in the case of the first team and https://www.rccelta.es/en/equipos/celta-b/ for Celta B.
- Promotion of basic sports and development of sports activities (campuses, schools, clinics, etc.), can be found on the web under the heading of activities organized by the Foundation https://www.rccelta.es/en/fundacion
- RC Celta Stores, RC Celta Clinic and Management of certain spaces, can be found in the following links http://shop.rccelta.es/en/ and https://asede.rccelta.es/en/
- The headquarters of the Group’s services and equipment are detailed here https://www.rccelta.es/en/club/instalaciones
The number of spectators at the various sporting events (at least those of the various official competitions) held on the fields, premises and facilities of the Club is published.
Due to COVID-19, at the moment, the matches held in Abanca Balaidos are held without spectators in the stands
There are and are published the results of surveys made to the members and/or the public about satisfaction or quality of the services of the Club
Relations with society, security and position against violence
The specific rules and recommendations of the Club are published to the fans on behavior, and against violence, in its facilities and enclosures, as well as in events in which the Club participates in other enclosures.
The different documents with recommendations to fans and specific rules regarding security and the position of the Celtic RC against violence are the following:
We inform about the symbolism and material not allowed (flares, weapons, lases pointers, etc.) inside the club's sports facilities.
Everything related to symbolism and material that is not allowed inside the sports facilities can be found in the previous point.
The Internal Regulations of the sports venue endorsed by Laliga (art 6 RD 2023-2010 of prevention of violence, racism and intolerance with sport) are published.
Yes, the Non-Financial Information Statementis published.
Everything related to actions and/or policies of a social nature is provided in point 7 of the Statement of Non-Financial Information..
Information is provided on the relations and/or special conditions of the Club with respect to the Peñas and/or fan associations (ticket reservations, space in the venues, ...).
The internal Regulation of the club is published, and/or at least the adopted or foreseen measures in front of the potentially violent or radical groups that come to the sports facilities.
Information is provided on the regulations regarding the sale of tickets when the club is a visitor (named and sold through the visiting club).
Furthermore, the Internal Regulations establish measures to support the activities of the RC Celta supporters in the trips of the team.
Information on data of police presence, private security at sports events.
Private security is available at sporting events held at Abanca Balaídos and Barreiro.
One or more club profiles exist and are published on the website in social networks (Facebook or similar).
C. Economic and financial transparency
The date of deposit in the Mercantile Registry of the last yearly accounts of the Club is published.
The annual accounts of the 2018/2019 season were deposited in the Mercantile Registry of Pontevedra on December 26, 2019.
The date of deposit of the last annual accounts of the Club is published at the Superior Sports Council (CSD)
The annual accounts for the 2018/2019 season were delivered to the Superior Sports Council on November 22, 2019.
The date of sending to the Professional Football League (Laliga) the annual accounts and other economic-financial information of obligatory sending is published
- Agreed Procedure report on the Debt with Clubs as of June 30, 2020.
- Agreed Procedure report on the Debt with Employees as of June 30, 2020.
- Agreed Procedure report on the Debt with Public Administrations as of June 30, 2020.
- Agreed Procedure report for Quantifying the effect of COVID-19.
- Agreed Procedure report on the breakeven point indicators as of June 30, 2020.
- Agreed Procedure report on the expenses associated with the first team as of June 30, 2020.
- Agreed Procedure report on the Net debt ratio in relation to relevant incomes as of June 30, 2020.
- Agreed Procedure report on the MN23 normailized model (Anex VI) as of June 30, 2020,
- Agreed Procedure report on the MN23 normailized model (Anex VI) of 2020/2021 season after the close of the summer market ( October 6, 2020).
- Agreed Procedure report on the season ticket and ticketing earnings for the 2019/2020 season.
- Agreed Procedure report on the MN102 normailized model publicity income for the 2020/2021 season.
The individual and consolidated interim financial statements are published (article 12 RLFP) (according to article 14).
The annual accounts of linked entities are published, especially the accounts and the complete report of the Club Foundation if there is one (if there are no linked entities, it will be expressly indicated on the web).
Economic and financial indicators
Economic relevance of the first staff: Total retribution of the first staff/total budget of the club.
Club indebtedness; total club debt/relevant income (as per RLFP)
Income and expense information
Details of relevant income as of 30/06/2020. It corresponds to the breakdown reflected in section A of the Balance Point Calculation.
Detail of relevant expenses as of 06/30/2020. It corresponds to the detail reflected in section B of the Equilibrium Point Calculation.
The detail of the expenses associated to the first team is published (according to Laliga's Regulations).
A breakdown of the club's debt is published (CECSD-IV)
- Debt with the public administrations:
- Debt with Public Treasury,
- Social Security Debt.
- Private debt:
- Debts with credit institutions,
- Other debts.
Details are provided in Club Debts/Relevant Income (art 12 LNFP) and further details are provided in the Annual Accounts.
The list of debts with the corresponding public administrations is published (art. 18 of the Laliga Regulations).
The list of debts and credits with employees is published (art. 12 Laliga Regulations).
Information on signings
The amounts received by the club are published for:
- The transfers, and
- The transfers made in the last two seasons
At least the number of players and the overall amount of both transfers and signings made, and if they have participated in the operations, investment funds and their amount.
- Transfer expenses.
- In the 2019/2020 season, for the incorporation of 8 players on loan we have incurred 3,175,074.87 euros in expenses
- In the 2018/2019 season, for the incorporation of 4 players on loan we have incurred 200,000 euros in expenses.
- In the 2017/2018 season for the incorporation of one player on loan we have incurred 200,000 euros in expenses.
- In the 2016/2017 season for the incorporation of two players on loan we have not incurred expenses, except for the intermediation expenses
- The transfers made in the last two seasons.
The variable amount of players from other seasons, is due to the fact that, in the contracts of purchase of players, there are clauses that oblige the company to pay certain economic compensations in case of fulfillment of the same ones, being recognized the same ones in that moment
None of the operations carried out have involved investment funds.
The amounts received by
At least the number of players and the total of both the sale and the transfer of players
- Result of the sale of players.This heading includes the result of the sale of players in the corresponding season together with the income generated in previous sales by variable objectives achieved. The result from the transfer of players, as well as the number of players that have been terminated, both by sale and by contract termination is provided in the following graph:
- Income from the temporary loan of players.
The income from the loan of players, included in section 5 of the profit and loss account “other operating income”, as well as the number of players loaned is shown in the following graph:
- Income from the temporary loan of players.
The salary cap of the club's staff is made public
As at 30 June 2019, the number of minors recruited at the various levels and sections of sports stood at 7.
Information on suppliers of goods and services
The list and/or amount of transactions with suppliers, contractors and/or award recipients plus club amounts are published.
- Constructora San Jose, S. A.,
- Adidas España, S. A.,
- ACS España Servicios de Charter Aereo, S.L.U.,
- Francisco Gómez y Cía, S.L.
- Irisarri-Piñera, S.L.N.E.P.
E. Transparency law indicators
Planificación y organización del Club
An updated organigram of the club is published, which allows the identification of the people in charge of the different organs, as well as their functions and dependency relationships.
Contracts, agreements and grants
Each one of the Contracts formalized with any public entity (or under public control) is published periodically or at least the relation of the same ones with mention of the signatory parts, its object and, in its case, the economic obligations contracted.
On October 22, 2019 signed a sponsorship contract with the Fundación Deporte Galego, with the main objective of promoting prevention and awareness of gender violence in sports spaces amounting to 60,000 euros.
On July 17, 2019 a contract of exclusive cession with Corporación Radio e Televisión de Galicia, S.A, of the rights of the matches of the Season 2019/20 of Celta B in the national championship of Second Division B, including the matches of permanence phase and in the promotion phase. The amount of this contract is 60.000 euros, in case of being among the first eight classified teams the amount will be increased by 3.000 euros. If the phase of promotion to the second division A is arranged, the amount will be increased by 7,000 euros.
On August 8th, 2019 an agreement was signed with Corporación Radio e Televisión de Galicia, S.A., for the assignment of the matches corresponding to the XXIV edition of the Quinocho Memorial. The amount of said agreement is 10,000euros.
- Administrative concession of the Municipal Facilities corresponding to the Stadium of Abanca Balaídos, Barreiro and to the Sport City of A Madroa, subscribed with date 30 of January of 2009 by which the previous facilities are yielded until day 16 of May of 2034.
The subsidies and grants received from any public entity (or under public control) are published with an indication of their amount and purpose.
- In the 2019/2020 season, the company processed operating subsidies worth 884,425.75 euros, obtaining an amount of 569,046.93 euros, with the following breakdown:
- 370,358.30 euros in a subsidy from the Spanish Football Federation under the academy with values programme,
- 192,727.90 euros in subsidies from the Professional Football League as aid for corrective/evolutive maintenance, as well as preventative maintenance of sports facilities, and
- 5,960.73 euros correspond to the subsidy from the Xunta de Galicia for the development of sports activities.
- RCCelta has received aid for the implementation of energy saving and efficiency projects in the service sector, co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund, under the Operational Programme Feder Galicia 2014-2020, concerning the replacement of lighting at the Abanca Balaidos Stadium, the amount of the investment being 542,551.50 euros and the amount of aid granted being 44,865.86 euros.
- RC Celta has received a grant from the Xunta de Galicia, in the 2018/2019 season, amounting to 6.101,68 euros.
- RCCelta has not received subsidies from public entities in the 2017/2018 season.
- RCCelta has received a grant from the General Secretariat for Sport, in the 2016/2017 season, amounting to 5.531,14 euros.
Club’s governing bodies
The remuneration received, if any, by the members of the Board of Directors is published.
The company has contracted a collective accident insurance for the members of the Board of Directors during the season, being the total amount of the guarantees contracted both in case of death and absolute disability for the amount of 100,000 euros per insured.
In addition, the company has contracted a policy which covers the civil liability of Directors and Senior Officers, the limit per annum of the insurance being 3,000,000 euros.
The amount of both insurance premiums is not significant.
Everything related to the remuneration received by the members of the senior management or maximum executive responsible in the club is provided in 4.1 Non-Financial Information Statement.
Economic and budgetary information
The budgets and other documentation required in the budgetary rules are published (according to the standard model approved by the league. Art 12 Regulation Laliga).
The individual and, if applicable, consolidated annual accounts of the club are published (Art 12 of the Laliga Regulations, according to Art 13)
- The participated company Afouteza e Corazón, S.L.U. that does not carry out activities in the field of sports, and
- The special purpose entity Fundación Celta de Vigo, whose main activity is the promotion of the basic sport from the lower categories of RCCelta.
The company is exempted from the obligation to consolidate because it only participates in subsidiaries that do not have a significant interest, individually and as a whole, in the true image of the assets, financial situation and results of the group companies.
The members of the Board of Directors of the company have decided to formulate consolidated annual accounts, as of the 2019/2020 season, including Afouteza e Corazón, S.L.U. and Fundación Celta de Vigo within the consolidation perimeter.